Turkey outs defense official involved in China missile talks

By REUTERS
March 28, 2014 09:48

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

ANKARA - Turkey has removed Murad Bayar, Defense Ministry undersecretary for the state-run defense industries, from his post with immediate effect, the official gazette showed on Thursday.

The ministry did not give a reason for the decision. Bayar had been influential in Turkey's negotiations with China over the procurement of a missile defense system.

Turkey's NATO allies voiced concern when it said in September it had chosen China's FD-2000 missile defense system over rival offers from the Franco/Italian Eurosam SAMP/T and US-listed Raytheon Co. It said China had offered the most competitive terms and would allow co-production in Turkey.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 17, 2018
U.S. says no rebuilding funds for Syria until peace talks underway

By REUTERS