UNIFIL commander says Israel, Lebanon committed to calm after rocket attack

By REUTERS
December 29, 2013 15:21

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again



After Sunday's rocket fire on the north, UNIFIL's commander, Major-General Paolo Serra, said in statement he had been assured by the Israeli and Lebanese armed forces of their continued commitment to a cessation of hostilities.




"It is of paramount importance to identify and apprehend the perpetrators of this attack and we will spare no efforts to this end, working in cooperation with the Lebanese Armed Forces," he said.


Related Content

Breaking news
August 21, 2018
UK foreign minister Hunt: Trump not the isolationist many feared

By REUTERS