UN's Ban condemns attack on UN school in Gaza, says circumstances still unclear

By REUTERS
July 24, 2014 19:26

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Thursday he was appalled by an attack on a UN-run school in the northern Gaza strip that had killed women, children and UN staff.

"Circumstances are still unclear. I strongly condemn this act," Ban said in a statement. "Many have been killed - including women and children, as well as UN staff."

The Gaza health ministry said at least 15 people had been killed and some 200 wounded.

The IDF was looking into the matter.

Related Content

Breaking news
August 18, 2018
Iran: U.S. sanctions did not cause economical 'dead-end'

By REUTERS