US State Dept. concerned about release of alleged Mumbai attack mastermind

By REUTERS
April 10, 2015 20:16

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The US State Department on Friday said it was "gravely" concerned about the release on bail in Pakistan of a man accused of plotting a 2008 militant assault in Mumbai that killed 166 people.

A Pakistani court has freed Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi, his lawyer said earlier on Friday.

State spokesman Jeff Rathke said US officials were considering what steps to take next.

Related Content

Breaking news
July 18, 2018
Explosions heard in Iraqi city of Kirkuk

By REUTERS