BREAKING NEWS

US court orders Benghazi attack suspect held for hearing

 A man seized by US forces in Libya and accused of involvement in an attack that killed the US ambassador in Benghazi in 2012 made his first appearance in federal court on Friday in Washington, where he was ordered held until a hearing next week.
Judge Deborah Robinson of the US District Court for the District of Columbia ordered Mustafa al-Imam held pending a preliminary hearing on Thursday, the DC federal prosecutor's office said.
Al-Imam, a Libyan national about 46 years old, arrived in Washington earlier on Friday, the office said in a statement.
Subscribe for our daily newsletter
Subscribe for our daily newsletter

By subscribing I accept the terms of use

Read all Tweets >