Ya'alon: 'We did not run the 2014 war based on populism and surveys'

By JPOST.COM STAFF
January 24, 2017 10:05

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Former defense minister Moshe Ya'alon defended himself after Education Minister Naftali Bennett said the revelations in the State Comptroller's report regarding the 2014 Gaza incursion were an "earthquake."

Ya'alon told the audience at the INSS conference that "we did not run the 2014 war based on populism and surveys like some politicians (Bennett), we acted responsibly."Adding that "this morning politicians crossed red lines in selectively leaking classified 2014 Gaza war cabinet talks before the report was published."



Ha said that in its entirety the war was a success. "We stopped the Hamas threat , blew up the  tunnels, achieved our goals and a ceasefire on our terms. Since then the South has been quiet with no rockets."

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
June 24, 2019
China's DJI plans to build drones in California amid U.S. security concern

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings