Yemen's Houthi leader says Saudi-led coalition obstructed peace delegation

By REUTERS
September 8, 2018 20:27
Breaking news

Breaking news. (photo credit: JPOST STAFF)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later



DUBAI - Houthi leader Abdul Malik al-Houthi on Saturday accused the Saudi-led coalition opposing it in Yemen's war of blocking the Houthi delegation from traveling to U.N.-hosted peace talks in Geneva.

In a speech broadcast on the group's al-Masirah TV, al-Houthi said his movement's only condition had been to arrive "safely in Geneva."



"We all know that the talks collapsed because of the obstruction of the national delegation from leaving and traveling to Geneva by the coalition forces," al-Houthi said.



The attempt to hold peace talks was abandoned on Saturday after three days of waiting for the Houthi delegation, but the United Nations envoy vowed to press ahead with diplomacy.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Breaking news
February 16, 2019
Baring Vostok's Calvey tells Russian court he will cooperate with investigation

By REUTERS