Palestinian vehicle attempts to run over IDF officer in West Bank, shots fired

IDF identifies suspicious car leaving Ni'lin, passengers open fire.

November 7, 2013 09:33
IDF soldier takes cover in West Bank town of Dura, south of Hebron [file]

Israeli soldier in West Bank town of Dura 370. (photo credit: REUTERS)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

An IDF unit overnight Wednesday identified a suspicious vehicle leaving the West Bank village of Ni'lin.

Passengers from the vehicle fired shots at the soldiers.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

No injuries or damage were reported.

During searches for the vehicle, a second Palestinian car allegedly attempted to run over a company commander. The commander opened fire at the vehicle, which sped away from the scene.

The IDF said investigations were continuing in the area.

In September, Palestinian perpetrators killed two IDF soldiers in separate incidents in the West Bank.

A Palestinian sniper on September 22 shot dead  St.-Sgt. Maj. Gavriel Kobi, who was stationed at the Tut Atarek Junction, across from the Cave of the Patriarchs in Hebron.

Earlier that weekend, a Palestinian man lured 20-year-old Sgt. Tomer Hazan to the West Bank and murdered him.

In light of the incidents, former IDF Central Command chief Gadi Shamni expressed his fears  a new intifada could be in the works. Staff contributed to this report.

Related Content

idf hebron
August 22, 2014
Palestinians throw Molotov cocktail at IDF checkpoint in Hebron