Smoke trails from rockets being fired in Gaza 311 (R).
(photo credit: Yannis Behrakis / Reuters)
Three rockets exploded in the Eshkol Regional council Friday night over a period of several hours. No injuries or damages were reported.
In the Sha'ar Hanegev
Regional Council, an explosion occurred near a local kibbutz Friday evening. Local officials said a Kassam rocket
landed in an open area. No injuries or damages were reported.
Counter-terror officer killed by terrorist fire near Eilat
Timeline of the attacks on the Sinai border
An hour earlier, two
rockets fired from Gaza fell in northern Lachish not far from
Kiryat Malachi. No injuries were reported although the explosion sparked a fire, which spread to an empty building. The building was lightly damaged before firefighters put out the fire.
Police have asked members of the public in the affected areas to follow instructions from the home front command.
One person was seriously injured and another moderately injured after a
Grad rocket fired from Gaza landed in the courtyard of a yeshiva in
Ashdod on Friday morning.
Four other people were treated for shock
following the attack. All were taken to Kaplan Medical Center in
Rehovot. An additional Grad that failed to explode subsequently fell in
the area and was neutralized by the bomb squad.
Light damage was caused to the building as a result of the rocket fire.
The rocket attack came less than a day after a three-stage terror attack
near Eilat killed eight people.
Earlier on Friday, at least 10 rockets were fired at various targets in the South including Ashkelon and Beersheba.
of the rockets landed in open territory and no injuries or damage were
IAF aircraft struck seven Hamas security installations in
early Friday morning, killing at least one Palestinian, in further
retaliation for the attacks on Thursday.
residents said three compounds controlled by Hamas were hit in the overnight raids. Medical
officials said a 13-year-old boy in a nearby building was killed and 17
people were wounded.
Defense sources said the attackers
infiltrated from Gaza via Egypt's Sinai desert, despite stepped up
efforts by Egyptian security forces in recent days to rein in
"If anyone thinks the State of Israel will resign itself to this, they
are wrong," Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu said in a brief television
address about the most deadly attack in Israel since 2008.
The IDF said seven gunmen were killed in southern Israel, including
two who blew themselves up in suicide attacks on one of the buses and
in a confrontation with soldiers.
Egyptian soldiers apparently shot dead two gunmen, the military said.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>