Go-To Peanut Sauce.
(photo credit: Courtesy)
One of my favorite cooking ingredients is Peanut Butter because it is awesome in everything from appetizers to desserts. I use it in so many recipes: desserts, salad dressings, as a sauce or marinade, and coated on chicken. Here is one of my go-to Peanut Sauce recipes and then some delicious ideas on how to use it.
Great Go-To Peanut Sauce
Makes 2 cups
• 1 1-inch piece ginger, peeled
• 1 small garlic clove
• 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
• 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
• 1 teaspoon (packed) light brown sugar
• 1/4-1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
• 1 teaspoon sesame oil
In a food processor, blend ginger and garlic clove into a until finely chopped. Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and 1/3 cup water and blend, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed to thin, until smooth.
Ideas and recipes for Great Go-To Peanut Sauce:
1. Use it as a dip for vegetable crudite, or grilled chicken and steak
2. Toss with noodles and add cucumbers and cilantro for great Peanut noodles
3. Lather it on raw chicken or meat, marinade for 2 hours then bake either in a 375 degree oven or grill
4. Add 2 tablespoons canola oil, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil to the sauce and toss with Spinach lettuce, sugar snap peas, mushrooms and almonds for a great salad
5. Drizzle it over cooked vegetables like broccoli or spinachThese recipes were brought to you by www.gourmetkoshercooking.com
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>