Read me my rights

Every immigrant is familiar with the feeling of helplessness when they have an issue but have no idea where to turn.

December 24, 2015 12:29
Money rights

Money rights. (photo credit: INGIMAGE)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


‘I bought a pair of shoes that turned out to be too small. I only realized that when I tried them on that evening at home. After I returned the shoes, the shop offered to order them in my size. It has been over a month, and the shoes haven’t arrived yet. Can I get my money back?”

“It is impossible to get through to the Interior Ministry to make an appointment. You can only do it on line (so you need a computer), and they never call you back. What to do?” “Two people in our apartment building refuse to pay for a broken pipe that serves us all. What can I do about it?” “My tenant refuses to move out – and owes me rent. I heard that in Israel you can’t throw anyone out onto the street. Is that true?” “Our mother needs 24-hour-a-day help, and it is terribly expensive to hire an Israeli worker. How can we get permission for a foreign worker? Can we get help to cover the cost?” “My cellphone company is charging me for a phone that I don’t have! I have tried to cancel it over and over.


Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content