3 Mexican students confirmed killed in Ecuador

By
March 15, 2008 01:21

Three Mexican students have been confirmed killed in Ecuador during a cross-border raid earlier this month by Colombian troops who were hunting a guerrilla leader, police and victims' relatives said Friday. Five Mexicans - three men and two women - were at the camp near the border with Colombia during the raid, which killed 25 people including Raul Reyes, the public face of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia, or FARC. Dental records helped forensic experts identify the bodies of Mexicans Soren Ulises Aviles Angeles, 29, and Fernando Franco Delgado, 28, police morgue director Marcelo Jacome told The Associated Press. At a news conference at a military hospital in Quito, Alvaro Gonzalez told reporters DNA testing confirmed that his son Juan Gonzalez del Castillo, 29, also was among the dead.


Related Content

September 18, 2019
‘Made in Maine’ film festival honors American horror-master Stephen King

By HAGAY HACOHEN