Bombs kill 3 Afghan troops, 2 civilians

By
February 9, 2009 10:22

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Two bombs attacks in Afghanistan killed three Afghan security forces and two civilians, officials said Monday. Near the border with Pakistan, a roadside bomb ripped through a police vehicle in Khogyani district, killing two police and wounding three civilians, said Ahmad Zia Abdulzai, spokesman for the provincial governor. In southwestern Nimroz province, meanwhile, a suicide bomber attacked a group of Afghan soldiers on Sunday, killing one soldier and two civilians, Gov. Ghulam Dastagir Azad said. Taliban militants have made a comeback over the last three years after their initial defeat following the U.S.-led invasion in 2001. Militants use roadside bombs and suicide attacks in their fight against Afghan and foreign troops.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER