Dershowitz to depose Bosnian Serb war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic

By AP
August 21, 2008 12:29

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

US criminal defense lawyer Alan Dershowitz says he plans to submit testimony from former Bosnian Serb political leader and war crimes suspect Radovan Karadzic to present as evidence in a related case at the UN Yugoslav Tribunal. Dershowitz is helping defend Momcilo Krajisnik, the former speaker of the Bosnian Serb parliament, who is appealing a 27-year-sentence for persecution, extermination and the murder of Muslims and Croats during the 1992-1995 Bosnian War. At Krajisnik's appeals hearing in The Hague on Thursday, Dershowitz said he had already met briefly with Karadzic. "He will in fact be providing very significant exculpatory evidence," in the Krajisnik case, Dershowitz said. Karadzic was transferred to the tribunal July 30 and has yet to enter a plea to charges including genocide.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Moshe Holtzberg lay a wreath at the Chabad House in Mumbai.
July 17, 2019
Pakistani Court Grants Bail to Accused Mastermind of Mumbai Massacre

By ARSHAD MEHMOOD / THE MEDIA LINE

Cookie Settings