ElBaradei: Sanctions won't solve N. Korea standoff

By
December 5, 2006 07:46

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Mohamed ElBaradei, director-general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said Tuesday that sanctions alone would not resolve the standoff over North Korea's nuclear weapons program. "The solution will have to address the security, economic and other concerns of the Democratic People's Republic of Korea. Quite often these nuclear crises underline a sense of insecurity that clearly needs to be addressed, and a sense of imbalance, economic discrimination also needs to be addressed," he told students at Tsinghua University in Beijing. ElBaradei's comments came after North Korea's top nuclear envoy Kim Kye Gwan said after meeting his US and South Korean counterparts in Beijing last week that his country would not unilaterally abandon its atomic weapons program.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Stutthof concentration camp, Poland
December 15, 2018
Trial postponed for former Stutthof Nazi SS guard due to health concerns

By MARCY OSTER/JTA