Family of slain NY Times reporter settles medical malpractice suit

By
December 21, 2007 06:06

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

The family of a slain New York Times reporter settled its lawsuit against a hospital and emergency workers they had accused of negligence and medical malpractice, representatives for both sides said. David Rosenbaum, 63, was beaten with a pipe during a mugging near his home in January 2006, days after the longtime reporter in the Times' Washington bureau had retired. Emergency workers initially believed Rosenbaum was drunk and didn't try to determine whether he was injured, a city report found. An ambulance driver bypassed the closest hospital and took him to Howard University Hospital, nearly 2 miles (3 kilometers) out of the way.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Spokesperson Heather Nauert (L) speaks as U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo
December 12, 2018
Effort to thwart Iranian missiles 'futile' so far, Pompeo says

By MICHAEL WILNER