Iran says US-backed group planned attack on Russian consulate

By
May 15, 2008 10:04

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

Iran's state-owned newspaper says a group Teheran has accused of bombing a mosque in the country last month and of having ties to the US and Britain also planned to attack a Russian consulate. The IRNA daily quotes Intelligence Minister Gholam Hossein Mohseni Ejehi as saying the group planned to bomb the consulate in Rasht city in northern Iran to strain ties between Iran and Russia. Thursday's report quotes Ejehi as saying the group received support from people in the US but without providing additional details about the group or its supporters. Iran has repeatedly accused both the US and Britain of backing groups to destabilize the government. They have denied the accusations.

Related Content

August 16, 2018
'Queen of Soul' Aretha Franklin dies at home in Detroit aged 76

By REUTERS