Judge in London bombings trial says he'll accept majority verdict

By
July 28, 2008 15:13

A British judge said he would now take a majority verdict in the trial of three men alleged to have helped plan the attacks on London's transit network in July 2005. The jury need not reach a unanimous decision, Judge David Calvert-Smith said Monday, as the jury had been deliberating for 11 days. Prosecutors said Waheed Ali, Sadeer Saleem and Mohammed Shakil helped four suicide bombers plan attacks on three subway trains and a bus. All three deny a charge of conspiracy to cause explosions. Prosecutors alleged the suspects helped the bombers examine possible targets such as the Natural History Museum, the London Eye and the London Aquarium.


Related Content

Pro-Palestinian protesters participate in a protest organized by Al Adl wal Ihsane.
May 21, 2018
Thousands of Moroccans protest against U.S. Jerusalem embassy move

By REUTERS