Man caught in London for transit bombing attempts

By ASSOCIATED PRESS
December 20, 2005 14:58
1 minute read.

Anti-terrorist police arrested a man Tuesday in connection with the attempted bombings of London's transit system on July 21. The man was arrested at Gatwick Airport as he got off a flight from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia, Metropolitan Police said. The 23 year-old is suspected of the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism. He had been out of Britain since June, police said. Fifteen people have been charged in connection with the July 21 attacks at three Underground stations and on a double-decker bus. Those attempts came two weeks after four suspected suicide bombers killed 52 bus and Underground passengers in London's worst terrorist attack.


Related Content

roth
May 23, 2018
Pulitzer-winning author Philip Roth dies at 85

By REUTERS