NATO forces kill 12 Taliban in Afghanistan

By
March 2, 2007 10:31

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

NATO and Afghan troops killed 12 suspected Taliban fighters after coming under attack in southeastern Afghanistan earlier this week, NATO said Friday. An estimated 30 Taliban fighters attacked NATO and Afghan troops on a combat patrol near Rubagak in Zabul province on Tuesday, NATO said. The troops fired back with heavy weapons and an airstrike was carried out, killing 12 fighters. One soldier from NATO's International Security Assistance Force was wounded. The soldier's nationality was not identified. In neighboring Paktika province, meanwhile, Afghan and coalition forces arrested a "known terrorist" and seven other suspects early Friday in the Gorwek Valley area, the US-led coalition said. Intelligence information led the forces to the compound, where the eight surrendered. Afghanistan has seen a sharp rise in violence over the last year, and US and NATO officials say they expect to see an increasing number of suicide attacks and clashes this spring and summer.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Stutthof concentration camp, Poland
December 15, 2018
Trial postponed for former Stutthof Nazi SS guard due to health concerns

By MARCY OSTER/JTA