UN: Two die, dozens of houses burned in East Timor

By
August 23, 2007 12:51

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Two people were killed in East Timor on Thursday in fresh violence following the appointment of a new government earlier this month, the United Nations said. Dozens of houses were set on fire and hundreds of young men clashed with machetes, steel darts and bows, just east of the capital Dili, UN and Timorese police said. There were no details about the deaths in the central Ermera district, a UN statement said.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

The logo of Volvo is seen on the front grill of a Volvo truck in a customer showroom at the company'
September 24, 2018
Volvo halts Iran truck assembly due to U.S. sanctions

By REUTERS