The US envoy to talks on dismantling North Korea's nuclear programs said Friday that negotiations could resume in a week or two after talks abruptly ended without progress because of a financial dispute.
The failed session was the latest blow to the six-nation negotiations and could imperil a fragile disarmament process. Delegates are scrambling to meet a series of tight deadlines on shutting down the North's main nuclear reactor and delivering energy aid in return before an April 14 deadline.
US envoy Christopher Hill said Friday morning before departing Beijing that it was "quite possible" the talks could start again within a week or two once the financial issue had been cleared up.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>