10-year-old girl badly wounded in Haifa gas explosion

A 16-year-old boy was also treated for shock.

By
March 10, 2015 00:14
THE AFTERMATH of the explosion and fire at a store in Haifa last night

THE AFTERMATH of the explosion and fire at a store in Haifa last night. (photo credit: FIRE AND RESCUE SERVICE)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user uxperience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew, Ivrit
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Repor
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

A 10-year-old girl was badly wounded in a gas explosion at a store in Haifa on Monday night which also wounded two other people.

Paramedics from Magen David Adom said the girl was seriously injured with a head wound and that a 40-year-old woman was lightly injured by the shockwave of the blast at the small neighborhood kiosk. A 16-year-old boy was also treated for shock.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


MDA paramedic Roman Kovzan said when he and other rescue personnel arrived at the scene they found the girl unconscious in critical condition and they resuscitated her en route to the hospital.

The store was closed at the time of the blast, but the girl was sitting at a bus stop near by. The blast sparked a fire and caused massive damage to the store, but it was extinguished before it could spread to other buildings.

Related Content

July 21, 2018
Team USA wins Men’s Lacrosse World Championship in Israel

By DAPHNA KRAUSE