(photo credit: REUTERS)
Gal Gadot is a talented, kind-hearted, courageous, and beautiful woman. Recently, she has become a household name because of the role she played in Batman vs Superman. Her rave reviews also confirmed that she is indeed a lady of excellence and a real-life wonder woman.
She first landed an international film role in Fast and Furious where she played the fictional character of Gisele Yashar. Time’s annual list of influential people also listed her as one of the top 100 influential people in the world.
For a woman of such worldwide fame, it is exciting to know a little bit about her. Let’s look at:
Gal Gadot is a Taurus. She was born on April 30, 1985, in Petah Tikvah, Israel, but grew up in Rosh HaAyin. Her parents were also born in Israel. Her mother, Irit Gadot, was a teacher and her father Michael Gadot, was an engineer.
Her grandfather and grandmother were born in Europe. Luckily, her grandfather survived the Holocaust as he was in a concentration camp while her grandmother left before the invasion.
All of Gal’s childhood memories are associated with Tel-Aviv because soon after she was born her parents moved to that city. As a teenager, she landed her first job as a baby sitter then later worked at Burger King.
- Hobbies - According to Gal, she was brought up in “a strict Jewish family,” however, her parents did not limit her hobbies. She practiced sports and rode motorcycles, things she enjoyed doing.
- Education – Her major in high school was biology but she studied law and international relations as an adult. What excites her the most about high school is the fact that, because she was tall, she could play basketball, volleyball, and even tennis.
- Mandatory Service – In Israel, it is mandatory that everyone must serve in the army as soon as they reach the age of 18. Gal completed her two years of mandatory service in the Israeli Defense force as a combat instructor. It was here that she learned discipline and respect. The training she received also helped her to land the role in Fast and Furious.
- Modelling - Without a doubt, Gal Gadot is beautiful. It was her striking beauty that made her a target for model agencies. In 2004 she won the title of Miss Israel and competed for Miss Universe in Ecuador in the said year. She did several photo shoots for famous companies and has been featured on several magazines covers such as Cosmopolitan and Glamour.
- Acting – Gal Gadot first acting role was in 2007 when she appeared in the Israeli TV series “Bubot”. If you have watched “Keeping Up with the Joneses”, you may have seen Gal Gadot beautiful face on screen as she played a secret agent in the action comedy.
Here is a list of some of her television stunts:
- Bubot – 2007
- Entourage - 2009
- The Beautiful Life - 2009
- Asfur - 2011
- The Simpsons - 2018
- Saturday Night Live – 2017
- Music Videos – Gal has also made an appearance in a Maroon Five 2018 music video entitled “Girls Like You.”
Gal Gadot was established as an action star when she appeared in Fast and Furious in 2009. Since then she has appeared in several movies such as Batman vs Superman where she played the role of wonder woman. This was considered to be her best role.
Some of Gal Gadot movies include:
Her Personal Life
- Wonder Woman (2017) Role: Diana
- Justice League (2017)
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)
- Furious 7 (2015)
- Furious 6 (2013)
- Fast Five (2011)
- Gal Gadot Husband – she is married to Israel real estate developer, Yaron Varsano. They got married in September 2008 and they are now enjoying eleven years of marriage. Gal Gadot husband was born in Amsterdam and studied in New York. He bought a luxurious hotel in Neve Tzedek in Tel Aviv but sold it in 2015 for twenty-six million dollars.
- Children – she has two adorable daughters, Maya and Alma. Alma is 5 years old and Maya was born in March 2017. Although Gadot chooses to be private about her children because of how young they are, she constantly expresses her love for them, especially during interviews.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>