French official: One suspect arrested in alleged ISIS decapitation, factory explosion

Unknown persons exploded gas containers at the premises of a company in southeast France on Friday, leaving one dead and several wounded, police sources said.

By REUTERS
June 26, 2015 12:21
1 minute read.
French Factory Attack

French Factory Attack. (photo credit: PHILIPPE DESMAZES / AFP)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

French prosecutors said on Friday that the anti-terrorist police branch was deployed to investigate an attack which left one person dead and several wounded in southeast France.

A probe has been opened for murder and attempted murder in an organized group in relation to terrorism, the Paris prosecutor's office said in a statement.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.


French media said a decapitated head was found at the site, along with a flag bearing Islamist inscriptions.

Unknown persons exploded gas containers at the premises of a company in southeast France on Friday, leaving one dead and several wounded, police sources said.

French President Francois Hollande said the attack was of "a terrorist nature" and that a suspect had been arrested and identified.

"The attack was of a terrorist nature since a body was discovered, decapitated and with inscriptions. As I speak, there is one fatality and two injured," Hollande told a news conference in Brussels, where he was attending an EU summit.

He added that a considerable police force had been deployed in the region and other industrial sites protected to avoid any further incidents.

In early January, Charlie Hebdo,  the Paris-based satirical news magazine that was targeted by two gunmen in one of the most brutal terrorist attacks in the history of the Fifth Republic, shocked the world in the wake of its carnage.



Seventeen victims were killed in three days of violence that began with an attack on the Charlie Hebdo weekly and ended with dual sieges at a print works outside Paris and a kosher supermarket in the city.

French security forces killed Amedy Coulibaly, 32,  after he planted explosives at a Paris deli in a siege that claimed the lives of four hostages. They also shot dead two brothers behind the Hebdo killings, Said and Cherif Kouachi, after they took refuge in the print works.



Related Content

Sodastream sold to Pepsico for 3.2 billion dollars, Aug 20, 2018
August 20, 2018
SodaStream to stay in Israel after $3.2 billion acquisition

By TAMARA ZIEVE