Father and soldier son turn selves in following Holon parking murder

Deadly dispute leaves on man dead, another in serious condition, after 9 gun shots were fired.

December 22, 2015 20:18
1 minute read.


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


A few hours after allegedly murdering one man and seriously wounding another during a Holon shooting over an apparent parking dispute, a 44-year-old Tel Aviv man and his 21-year-old IDF soldier son turned themselves into the police on Tuesday.

According to police, the unidentified suspects took part in the killing of a 50-year-old man, and rendered a second unidentified man in serious condition, following a heated verbal altercation in the parking lot, located south of Tel Aviv.

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

“The background of the argument is unclear,” said Police spokesman Micky Rosenfeld.

“For some reason shots were fired, but there was no known prior altercation between the men.”

A Magen David Adom paramedic told Ynet that when he arrived at the scene Cohen was unconscious, and could not be resuscitated. The second man, who remained alert, was rushed to Holon’s Wolfson Medical Center in moderate-to-serious condition.

Witnesses of the shooting told police that nine shots were fired.

“Police responded immediately after the shots were fired and searched the area for the suspects – who fled the scene – throughout the morning,” Rosenfeld said, noting that the incident is being considered a criminal matter and not a terrorist attack.


Following an intensive, highly- publicized search, Rosenfeld said the father and son went to a Holon police station late Tuesday afternoon, accompanied by a lawyer, to turn themselves in.

“They knew we were onto them and that it was only a matter of time until they were caught, so they turned themselves in to give their version of what happened,” he said.

Rosenfeld added that the second victim is being interviewed by police to determine the chronology of events.

Both suspects will be brought for a remand hearing at the Tel Aviv’s Magistrates Court.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

September 23, 2018
Hamas halts cease-fire talks, blames Abbas