Children celebrate Independence Day at Tel Aviv's Rabin Square.
(photo credit: AVSHALOM SASSONI/MAARIV)
In preparation for Independence Day celebrations, the Ministry of Economy and Industry alerts the public on the importance of adhering to the safety regulation of accessories, toys, sprays, flakes, among others.
The ministry, which is in charge of the safety of holiday items, emphasized that children should not be allowed to use holiday items that do not carry a markup in Hebrew, as required by the Official Israeli Standards for Toy Safety.
The ministry's safety guidelines emphasized the following instructions for insuring the public's safety during celebrations:
- The product must contain the name and address of the manufacturer or importer in Hebrew;
- Accessories and toys not intended for children under the age of 3 years must be accompanied by a warning in Hebrew "not suitable for children under the age of 3 years!";
- On toys and accessories that cause loud noise, a warning will be placed: "Do not use near the ears!";
- Children under the age of 14 years should not be allowed to use aerosol containers (sprays, sprays, flakes and wires) intended for adults only and marked with the warning "Away from Children!";
- Strict adherence to the safety regulations for the use of materials for coal and wood ignition must be followed, and these products must not be under children's reach.