In response to a Friday ramming attack resulting in the deaths of two IDF soldiers, Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman said he would seek the death penalty for the suspect involved in the attack.
Liberman said the state "will act to ensure that the terrorist will receive the death penalty, demolish his house and punish all those who collaborated with him. There is no such thing as individual terrorism, this terrorism is supported by Mahmoud Abbas and the Palestinian Authority which provides money to the families of terrorists."
In a joint operation between the IDF and Shin Bet on Friday night, Israeli security forces arrested the brother of the suspected attacker, Atzahm Kabhha in Barta'a.
On Friday afternoon, a 26 year-old Palestinian by the name of Allah Kabhha reportedly rammed his vehicle into a group of IDF soldiers near the West Bank settlement of Mevo Dotan resulting in two deaths and two injured.
An IDF officer and a soldier were killed. Both of their families have been notified of their deaths.
Kabhha was arrested by Israeli security forces and said in his interrogation that it was an accident and that "the wheels [of the car] locked," channel 10 news reported.
Israeli security forces believe that this was a terrorist attack and not an accident.
Israel's UN ambassador Danny Danon said that: "As long as the Palestinian Authority continues to pay hundreds of millions of dollars to terrorists who kill Israelis, we will continue to see such heinous attacks.”
“The international community must condemn this hateful act of terror and demand that the Palestinian leadership finally put an end to the despicable practice of ‘pay to slay,'" said Danon.
Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) Major General Yoav Mordechai had already canceled the Israeli work permits enjoyed by the family of the terrorist.
The extended Kabhha family received 97 permits to work and trade in Israel.
Likud MK Oren Hazan tweeted that: "Every terrorist should get a bullet to the head" and added that he heard that Kabhha was taken to an ER unit in an Israeli hospital.
"I will show him what treatment is," said MK Hazan.
The attack came after a tense day of clashes between Israeli security forces and Palestinian protesters
in the West Bank and the Gaza strip. The Palestinians claimed that the protests are meant to mark "100 days of rage' since US President Donald Trump announced he will move the US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.
According to a Hamas spokesman in Gaza: "The attack today, a hundred days after the Trump Declaration, emphasizes that our people continue with the intifada in Jerusalem, and the revolution against this declaration is an ongoing operation until our people are fully liberated and not just a passing rage. The borders of Jerusalem will be determined by the blood of the Palestinian people and not by Trump."
Fatah's military wing, the al-Aqsa Martyr's Brigades, called the attack "heroic."
According to Major General Yoav Mordechai: "The provocations of Hamas and the other terrorist organizations are likely to lead to an escalation... The explosion yesterday could have damaged a sewage treatment facility serving 300,000 Gazans."
In response to the terrorist attack, Mordechai ordered an immediate freeze on permits for the entire family of the assailant: 67 permits for employment in Israel, 26 trade permits and four employment permits.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>