Report: IDF surrounds family home of Barkan terrorist

The IDF reportedly told people in neighboring home to evacuate their homes immediately for their safety.

By
November 7, 2018 14:52
1 minute read.
Report: IDF surrounds family home of Barkan terrorist

IDF Forces surround house of Ashraf Walid Suleiman Na’alwa. (photo credit: PALESTINIAN MEDIA)

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later

Israeli troops surrounded the family home of the Palestinian terrorist responsible for the deadly shooting attack in the Barkan industrial zone last month, Palestinian media reported Wednesday afternoon.

In early October 23 year-old Ashraf Walid Suleiman Na’alwa shot dead Kim Levengrond-Yehezkel, 29, of Rosh Ha’ayin, and Ziv Hagbi, 35, from Rishon Lezion. He is also suspected of shooting a third woman, seriously injuring her.


Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.



A Related Video You May Like:
 
Israeli army searches West Bank village for assailant who killed two Israelis, August 10, 2018 (Reuters)



According to Palestinian official news agency WAFA, a large number of IDF troops surrounded the Na’alwa family home in the West Bank village of Tulkarm, firing stun grenades and breaking down the doors of the home in order to enter.


While WAFA reported that none of the Na'alwa family was inside the two-story home at the time of the raid, unconfirmed reports from Israeli media said that his sister was detained during the raid.  Na'alwa’s father, Walid, was detained by Israeli security troops during a predawn raid in the village.
The raid comes a day after  the Head of the IDF’s Central Command, Maj.-Gen. Nadav Padan issued the demolition orders for the basement and ground floor of the family home.


The Border Police’s counter-terrorism Yamam unit; troops from the IDF’s elite Duvdevan, Lotar and Oketz units; and Shin Bet forces have been searching for over a month for Na’alwa, who fled the scene of the attack with the  Carl-Gustav weapon he used to shoot Levengrond-Yehezkel and Hagbi.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Jon Bon Jovi performing live at an album promo show in London
December 17, 2018
Bon Jovi to ‘Post’: I wish someone had told my younger self to slow down

By AMY SPIRO, DAVID BRINN