Four arrested after Hapoel Petah Tikva fans barraged with stones

Suspects were reportedly seen pelting fans with anything they could get their hands on while being led away by security guards

February 10, 2019 03:44
idan vered junior visa

hapoel petah tikva betar jerusalem 248 8. (photo credit: Asaf Kliger)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Four people at the Ramla Municipal Stadium were arrested for throwing stones that injured two fans and halted Friday's National League game between Beitar Tel Aviv and Hapoel Petah Tikva.

The Israel Police announced on Saturday that the suspects, ranging in age from 16-24 years, were released on restrictive terms, including a restraint order barring them from the stadium for 30 days. A monetary guarantee was also demanded before their release.
The match at the Beitar Tel Aviv's home stadium was suspended 83 minutes into the game, after the stones were thrown, forcing dozens of Petah Tikva fans to flee the field. The suspects were subsequently taken out by the stadium's security guards, during which they seen throwing any objects they could get their hands on.

The game was ultimately cancelled half an hour after the stones were thrown.

"The management sees this event as a very serious one. As long as the security of the fans is not guaranteed by the municipality and the team, we will make sure that they will not play in the stadium," said the league's management.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

Otzma Yehudit
June 25, 2019
Far right Otzma ‘ends’ partnership with Bayit Yehudi


Cookie Settings