Terror victim Yehuda Glick shows signs of recovery, hospital says

The hospital said that Glick “was in the advanced stages of eventually being removed from the respirator.”

November 6, 2014 09:28
1 minute read.
Yehuda Glick

Yehuda Glick. (photo credit: TAZPIT)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


Yehuda Glick, the Temple Mount activist who was shot by a Palestinian assailant last week, has shown signs of progress since being placed on a respirator, the Jerusalem hospital treating him said on Thursday.

Shaare Zedek Medical Center released a statement on Thursday saying that Glick “was partially communicating with his environment and recognizes those around him.”

Be the first to know - Join our Facebook page.

The hospital said that Glick “was in the advanced stages of eventually being removed from the respirator.”

Glick was shot after giving a lecture at the Menachem Begin Heritage Center in Jerusalem. For years, Glick has advocated for Jewish prayer on the Temple Mount.

The 49-year-old's condition has been “slowly improving” since he was hospitalized. After the shooting, Shaare Zedek Medical Center listed him in serious condition, placed him on anesthesia, and connected him to a respirator and still in danger.

Doctors have performed two operations since Glick was admitted to Shaare Zedek. He also suffered damage to his neck and left hand. His first operation soon after being admitted to the hospital last week was to halt his serious hemorrhaging. Surgeons also repaired damage to his intestines.

While Glick's brother, Dr. Yitzhack Glick, was in the intensive care unit visiting his sibling Thursday morning, Dr. Glick's wife said the family is encouraged by Yehuda's ongoing recovery following multiple major surgeries.


"Yitz is with Yehuda now and we're very relieved and he's doing better every day," she said from the hospital this morning.

Daniel K. Eisenbud contributed to this report.

Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content

THE TEL AVIV skyline; the area around the city is home to many Israeli start-ups
November 16, 2018
Shop, pray, repeat - the emerging synagogue trend in Israeli retail stores