JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Anwar Eshki, a retired Major General in the Saudi army, said Monday that Saudi Arabia will open an embassy in Israel if Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu accepts the Arab Peace Initiative.
Read more: Saudi general: 'If Netanyahu accepts the Arab Peace Initiative, we’ll open an embassy in Israel'
2. Video footage from Arab television emerged on Tuesday showing Muslim worshipers on the Temple Mount attack a small group of Jews who ascended to the holy site and attempted to pray.
Read more: VIDEO: Muslim worshipers attack Jews trying to pray on Temple Mount
3. A brawl in a soccer match between Israeli Premier League foes Bnei Sakhnin and Maccabi Tel Aviv has aroused nationalist and sectarian tensions, with Joint List MK Ahmad Tibi entering the fray and condemning a Maccabi player who made a provocative statement questioning Arab spectators’ loyalty to the state.
Read more: Jewish-Arab tensions flare in violence-marred Israeli soccer match
4. Israeli security forces on Tuesday arrested three Palestinians from the West Bank town of Nablus who are suspected of planning a terrorist attack in Jerusalem.
Read more: Israel arrests 3 Palestinians suspected of planning Jerusalem terror attack
5. Terrorist-tracking technology offered by an Israeli company to French security officials could have helped detect the Islamic State terror cells that carried out attacks in Paris last year and more recently in Brussels, Fox News on Monday cited an anonymous Israeli security expert as saying.
Read more: Report: Israel bias suspected behind axed tech deal that could have flagged Paris attackers
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>