JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The Jewish residents of Florida, a consequential voting bloc in the swing state, are likely to vote overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton over Donald Trump in November, Rep. Ted Deutch told The Jerusalem Post on Tuesday.
Read more: Florida's Jewish voters repelled by Trump, congressman says
2. Russian bombers based in Iran on Tuesday struck militant targets inside Syria, the Russian Defense Ministry said, after Moscow deployed Russian aircraft to an Iranian air force base to widen its campaign in Syria.
Read more: Russia deploys bombers to Iranian air base
3. The Shin Bet (Israel Security Agency) announced Tuesday that it had taken down a number of terror cells in the West Bank whose members had been recruited through Facebook by Hezbollah members in Lebanon and the Gaza Strip.
Read more: Hezbollah cells in West Bank busted by Israeli security forces
4. 2012 pole vault Olympic gold medalist Renaud Lavillenie lost the gold to Brazilian Thiago Braz Da Silva on Monday and had some harsh words for the Brazilian crowd afterward.
Read more: French Olympian compares Rio crowd to Nazis at 1936 Berlin Olympics
5. A three-pronged approach to fighting skin cancer in Israel appears to be showing success. Over the past five years, an aggressive campaign predicated upon awareness, identification and research has apparently been responsible for significantly lower skin cancer rates in the Jewish state.
Read more: Israel scores success against skin cancer
JPOST VIDEOS THAT MIGHT INTEREST YOU:
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>