JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Following a night of air strikes targeting terror sites in the Gaza Strip, a senior IDF official said Monday that the military "is not interested in an escalation." None the less, the official said that IDF is ready for "anything."
Read more: IDF 'not interested in an escalation' after targeting dozens of Gaza terror sites
2. Months after visiting Israel in what many perceived as a sign of warming ties between Cairo and Jerusalem, Egyptian Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry made headlines in the Arab world on Sunday when he told a group of students that Israel's actions in regard to the Palestinians do not constitute terrorism.
Read more: Egyptian FM sparks uproar by saying Israel not guilty of 'terrorism'
3. The wife of Nazi propaganda minister Joseph Goebbels had a Jewish father, according to a new document discovered in the Berlin archives.
Read more: Nazi propagandist Goebbels’ wife had Jewish father, new document shows
4. A Facebook post by an administrator at an Islamic university in Italy calling for the “final solution” and “complete extermination” of Zionists was taken down after the Italian Jewish community and the Israeli Embassy in Rome protested to authorities.
Read more: Italian university official calls for 'complete annihilation' of Zionists
5. Turkey on Monday slammed Israel for its retaliatory strikes on Gaza overnight in response to a rocket attack launched by terrorists in the Strip, saying it would not desist from such condemnation despite the reconciliation of ties between Ankara and Jerusalem.
Read more: Turkey slams 'hostile' Israeli actions in response to Gaza rocket attack
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>