Jpost Breaking News Logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Weapons deal put on hold for years amid sanctions on Iran is finally going through with the reported delivery of an advanced air defense missile system, Russian news agency says.
Read more: Report: Russia will send first S-300 missile system to Iran on Thursday
2. Former Military Intelligence chief Amos Yadlin explores the red line that, once crossed by Hamas, demands a proactive military operation against the tunnels.
Read more: Should Israel launch a preemptive strike against Hamas tunnels?
3. Archaeological discovery proves there was a thriving settlement in the Jerusalem area in ancient times.
Read more: Archaeologists discover 7,000-year-old Jerusalem settlement
4. The religious parties Bayit Yehudi, United Torah Judaism and Shas have strongly objected to proposals to build a casino in Eilat, causing tension within the coalition as the prime minister and the Likud party have been vocal proponents of the initiative.
Read more: Casino in Israel - too big a gamble? Coalition members oppose on moral grounds
5. The head of Israel’s military said on Wednesday that he is opposed to lax rules of engagement that allow security forces to kill Palestinian assailants immediately following a terrorist attack.
Read more: IDF chief: No need to pump bullets into Palestinian girl with scissors