JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. UNESCO called on Israel to halt all its archeological and restoration work in and around the Old City, as it submits its latest draft resolution on Jerusalem that ignores Jewish ties to the Temple Mount.
Read more: Israel to UNESCO: ‘We’re not ISIS, don’t sever our ties to the Temple Mount’
2. Israel has conducted numerous drone strikes against terrorists in Egyptian territory in recent years, Bloomberg quoted a former senior Israeli official as saying on Monday.
Read more: Report: Israel has conducted drone strikes against terrorists in Sinai
3. As the 10th anniversary of the July 2006 Lebanon War approaches, tensions remain high in Lebanon in anticipation of a next round, which could much more severely disrupt the country as a functioning state this time around.
Read more: Analysis: 10 years after latest Lebanon War, next one will be far more brutal
4. In the last four years Israel has advanced plans to legalize 14 West Bank outposts and has approved 20 such fledgling hilltop communities, Peace Now said in a new report it issued on Monday.
Read more: '14 West Bank settler outposts to be legalized, 20 already approved'
5. Standing Sunday in the Prime Minister’s Office under a bust of Theodor Herzl, and in front of a bank of Egyptian and Israeli flags, Egypt’s Foreign Minister Sameh Shoukry placed Cairo firmly in the center of the Middle East diplomatic process, shoving Paris to the side.
Read more: Analysis: Egyptian diplomacy pushes France aside
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>