JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. To keep describing Wiesel in all the obituaries as a survivor does an injustice to the totality of his life and accomplishments.
Read more: A personal retrospective: Was Elie Wiesel happy?
2. Britain's Scotland Yard recently summoned former foreign minister and current top Zionist Union MK Tzipi Livni for questioning over alleged war crimes committed by the IDF during Operation Cast Lead in 2008-9, the Foreign Ministry confirmed on Sunday.
Read more: Scotland Yard summons Livni for Cast Lead war crimes questioning
3. Speaking on the occasion of al-Quds Day, Iran's annual commemoration of the country’s solidarity with the Palestinian people, the Deputy Commander of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard said Friday that Lebanon has 100,000 missiles ready to annihilate Israel.
Read more: Iranian military official: We have 100,000 missiles in Lebanon ready to hit Israel
4. I was being granted an unprecedented privilege to spend the last Sabbath with the Jewish people’s greatest living son.
Read more: No holds barred: My last night with Elie Wiesel
5. “I’m drowning in the depth of your absence,” Joshua said on Sunday as he eulogized his father Rabbi Michael “Miki” Mark who was killed in a terror attack on Friday.
Read more: Son of terror victim Rabbi Mark eulogizes father: 'I’m drowning in the depth of your absence'
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>