JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. In post after post memorializing the San Antonio resident, who was among three people killed Saturday night when a driver crashed into them as they dined at the Furama restaurant on Tel Aviv's Ben Yehudah street, was recalled as warm, funny, innovative, and more than anything, helpful.
Read more: Social media guru Weinkrantz, killed in Tel Aviv crash, just wanted to #BeHelpful
2. Opposition leader Isaac Herzog (Zionist Union) distanced himself from spokesman Ofer Newman Sunday, after the latter wrote a Facebook post accusing settlers of “destroying our future” and “trampling Jewish morals.”
Read more: Herzog rejects spokesman’s statement that settlers ‘destroying our future’
3. In the band’s first visit to Israel, Cooper performed a thunderous and electrifying musical (and theatrical) display for the ages. Opening the show with a monologue by horror film star Vincent Price that segued into “Black Widow,” Cooper and his cohorts spent the next 90 minutes playing, and acting out, some 20 of the band’s countless greatest hits.
Read more: Is it music or is it theater? It’s Alice Cooper
4. A disturbing new application was displayed in the "Google Play" store that invites users to "play in Auschwitz" Italian newspaper The Repubblica reported on Sunday.
Read more: New Android game invites users to 'play in Auschwitz'
5. The government on Sunday approved an allocation of NIS 74 million to the settlements in light of the worsening security situation in Judea and Samaria that has caused increased security challenges and hurt businesses.
Read more: Government okays NIS 74 million allocation to West Bank settlements