JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Russian President Vladimir Putin held a face-to-face meeting at the Kremlin late Tuesday afternoon a day after Moscow called for the renewal of Israeli-Palestinian talks.
Read more: Netanyahu and Putin meet as Russia calls for new Israeli-Palestinian talks
2. Defense Minister Avigdor Liberman held his first visit to the IDF Northern Command on Tuesday.
Read more: Liberman on northern border: I would advise against testing us
3. US National Security Advisor Susan Rice and the European Union's foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini gave lengthy addresses on Israel and the Mideast on Monday but barely mentioned the French initiative, a sign the initiative failed to gain significant traction since being launched Friday at an international meeting in Paris.
Read more: Rice, Mogherini give French initiative short shrift in speeches on Mideast
4. Lesley Sachs, the Executive Director of the Women of the Wall prayer rights organization, was detained this morning (Tuesday) at the Western Wall for bringing a Torah scroll into the site, which is against regulations, and reading from it.
Read more: Women of the Wall leader detained at Western Wall for smuggling in Torah scroll
5. An 18-year-old high school student from Kiryat Gat was voted Miss Israel in a ceremony at the Tel Aviv port on Monday.
Read more: Miss Israel 2016: 18-year-old Karine Aliya crowned in Tel Aviv
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>