JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Jewish law forbids “goyim” – or gentiles – from living in Israel, the country’s chief Sephardic rabbi, Yitzhak Yosef, told followers in his weekly sermon.
Read more: Non-Jews are forbidden by Jewish law to live in Israel, chief rabbi says
2. Israel upgraded its travel advisory regarding Turkey on Monday, recommending that not only should Israelis not travel to the country, but that Israelis already there should leave immediately.
Read more: Israel advises its citizens to leave Turkey immediately due to terror threats
3. With the advances of Assad's army, and the recapture of Palmyra, ISIS now finds itself threatened on three sides.
Read more: Analysis: ISIS and the fantasy of an Islamic caliphate are not long for this world
4. Ivanka Trump gave birth to a baby boy, Theodore James Kushner, on Sunday. Ivanka is the daughter of frontrunner for the Republican presidential nomination Donald Trump.
Read more: Mazel tov to Donald Trump on the birth of his Jewish grandchild
5. No matter how many rallies are held for him, the soldier who on Thursday shot a completely immobilized Palestinian after the man had attacked other security personnel several minutes before, is in hot water.
Read more: Analysis: Why the IDF Hebron shooter doesn’t stand a chance