JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. An operator in Belgium’s federal hotline on the terrorist attacks in Brussels told a Jewish caller that Israel does not exist and is in fact called Palestine.
Read more: Belgium terror hotline operator to Jewish caller: Israel doesn’t exist
2. In a dramatic opening to Thursday's IDF court hearing over whether to release or keep in custody the soldier who shot a Palestinian in Hebron last week, IDF Prosecutor Lt. Col. Edoram Rigler said that they were reducing the expected charge from murder to manslaughter.
Read more: IDF reducing charge from murder to manslaughter for soldier who shot wounded terrorist
3. Hezbollah Secretary General Hassan Nasrallah recently made two media appearances in close proximity. The first, a recorded speech aired on February 16, 2016 in memory of the organization’s soldiers killed in combat, included his threat that Hezbollah was capable of targeting the ammonia tanks in Haifa Bay.
Read more: Analysis: Behind Nasrallah's recent threats to Israel
4. The Israel Navy completed a drill early on Thursday morning simulating an ISIS take-over of a civilian ship and a counter-terrorism raid to free the vessel.
Read more: Watch: Israel Navy drill simulates raid against ship taken hostage by ISIS
5. An Arab woman who delivered her baby at the Israeli-Jordanian border crossing on Tuesday named the infant after the IDF officer who helped her give birth.
Read more: Dubai woman delivers baby in Israel, names him after IDF officer who helped her