JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. Russian President Vladimir Putin has suspended the transfer of S-300 surface-to-air missiles to Iran in light of Tehran’s violation of an earlier pledge not to provide sophisticated Russian-made weaponry to the Lebanese Shi’ite group Hezbollah, according to a report Saturday in the Kuwaiti daily Al Jarida.
Read more: Report: Israeli intel prompts Russia to freeze missile delivery to Iran
2. Palestinian chief negotiator Saeb Erekat revealed details about the recent meeting between US Secretary of State John Kerry and Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas, arguing that Kerry threatened to veto any Security Council resolution on Israeli settlements or Palestinian statehood.
Read more: Erekat: Kerry vowed to veto UNSC resolutions on Israeli settlements, Palestinian statehood
3. Comedian Louis C.K. has joined the ranks of a list of public figures who have taken to condemning US presidential candidate Donald Trump with comparisons to Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.
Read more: Comedian Louis C.K. urges fans not to vote for Trump: 'The guy is Hitler'
4. Islamic State's so-called 'Caucasus Province' has called on Russian Muslims to "kill apostates in Russia," vowing to attack President Vladimir Putin and implement Sharia in the country.
Read more: ISIS branch calls on Muslims to kill 'Russian apostates', vows to attack Putin
5. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Sunday morning rejected speculation by some that relations between Israel and the United States are on the verge of collapse, pointing toward US Vice President Joe Biden's upcoming visit as a reflection of the two nations' strong ties.
Read more: Ahead of Biden visit, Netanyahu rejects speculation of pending collapse of US-Israel ties