JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. A French politician and top anti-terror expert who has urged his country to adopt the practice of administrative detention, visited Israel's Ofer Prison on Thursday morning to infer more about the controversial procedure.
Read more: French official visits Israeli jail in West Bank as Paris grapples with terror
2. A senior Saudi official, responding to Iranian criticism of Riyadh's management of the haj pilgrimage, urged Iran to end what he called wrong attitudes towards Arabs and warned it against any use of force in its rivalry with the kingdom.
Read more: Saudi official warns Iran: Attack us at your own risk
3. The Home Front Command will hold a national war drill from Sunday until Wednesday, which will include a nation-wide air raid siren on Tuesday evening at 7:05 p.m.
Read more: Israel prepares civilians for threat of 230,000 enemy rockets
4. A rare, well-preserved gold coin struck in 56-57 CE, bearing the image of Roman Emperor Nero, was found by archeologists from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte during a recent excavation on Jerusalem’s Mount Zion, just outside the Old City, it was announced Wednesday.
Read more: Archeologists find 1st-century gold coin with Nero’s image in Jerusalem
5. Unless operators succeed in stabilizing the systems onboard the advanced Ofek-11 military satellite, launched on Tuesday
from Palmahim Air Base, the defense establishment faces a real disappointment in its hopes to move forward Israel’s space-based intelligence capabilities.
Read more: Analysis: Israel suffers serious blow to intelligence gathering abilities