JPost top 5 logo.
(photo credit: JPOST STAFF)
1. The Israel Football Association has complained to the Italian Football Federation after two Italian fans were thrown out of Monday's 2018 World Cup qualifier between the national teams in Haifa for giving the Nazi salute during the Italian national anthem.
Read more: Italian fans boo Israeli anthem, give Nazi salute at World Cup qualifier
2. The revelation that the Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas, also known as 'Abu Mazen,’ was a KGB agent, should not surprise historians and researchers of the PLO movement and the methods of the Soviet Union.
Read more: Analysis: Abbas, the KGB and the world of Middle East espionage
3. A female Peshmerga fighter known as the "Kurdish Angelina Jolie" has reportedly been killed fighting the terrorist organization known as Islamic State, The Daily Mirror reported Wednesday.
Read more: Kurdish 'Angelina Jolie' reportedly killed battling ISIS
4. Russia's Foreign Ministry said on Thursday that Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had agreed in principle to meet in Moscow, Interfax news agency reported. It would be the first meeting between the Israeli and Palestinian leader since the two last met officially in 2010.
Read more: Report: Russia says Abbas, Netanyahu agree to meet in Moscow
5. British ambient composer Brian Eno will not allow Israeli dance company Batsheva to use his music in their upcoming performance due to his affiliation with the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement.
Read more: Musician Brian Eno upholds BDS, refuses to let Israeli dance company use music