An elderly handicapped woman was killed on Monday when a fire erupted in her apartment in Acre.
The woman's caretaker, who was also in the apartment at the time, was evacuated to Nahariya Hospital and treated for smoke inhalation.
Firefighters managed to take control of the blaze.
An initial police investigation found that the fire started as a result of short-circuit in the oven.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>