Official: Hamas truce call is 'not serious'

By
April 25, 2008 10:41

 
X

Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analyses from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief

UPGRADE YOUR JPOST EXPERIENCE FOR 5$ PER MONTH Show me later Don't show it again

The Hamas proposal for a truce in the Gaza Strip is "not serious" and would only allow the Islamic group to prepare for a new round of fighting, an Israeli official said Friday. Government spokesman David Baker said the group is "playing games, trying to buy time in order to regroup and rearm." Hamas officials said this week that the group is prepared to accept a cease-fire in Gaza. The announcement from Hamas was a concession, because the group was previously demanding a cease-fire that would include the West Bank as well. In Friday's statement, Baker said Israel will "continue to take all measures to defend its citizens."

Related Content

Jisr az-Zarq
April 3, 2014
Residents of Jisr az-Zarqa beckon Israel Trail hikers to enjoy their town

By SHARON UDASIN