Families evacuated from the former settlement of Homesh plan to head to the ruins for a second time on Independence Day next week, Army Radio reported on Thursday.
"There is no greater gift for Independence Day than to return to the Zionist values of building and ideology," said Yossi Dagan, one of the organizers of the Homesh campaign. "We will march up to Homesh with thousands of people, in a beautiful and joyous manner."
Unlike last month's march to the former settlement, which was coordinated in advance with the army, this one did not receive official IDF approval. However, the army plans to do its utmost to prevent violence on the national holiday.
Officials told Army Radio that if the marchers did request authorization, it would be granted, and security forces would even provide protection - even though the area is legally considered a closed military zone.
Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>