14 Days: Ariel terror

A roundup of the last two weeks.

March 27, 2019 12:59
3 minute read.
14 Days: Ariel terror

Rabbi Ahiad Ettinger’s family. (photo credit: MARC ISRAEL SELLEM)


Dear Reader,
As you can imagine, more people are reading The Jerusalem Post than ever before. Nevertheless, traditional business models are no longer sustainable and high-quality publications, like ours, are being forced to look for new ways to keep going. Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall. We want to keep our journalism open and accessible and be able to keep providing you with news and analysis from the frontlines of Israel, the Middle East and the Jewish World.

As one of our loyal readers, we ask you to be our partner.

For $5 a month you will receive access to the following:

  • A user experience almost completely free of ads
  • Access to our Premium Section
  • Content from the award-winning Jerusalem Report and our monthly magazine to learn Hebrew - Ivrit
  • A brand new ePaper featuring the daily newspaper as it appears in print in Israel

Help us grow and continue telling Israel’s story to the world.

Thank you,

Ronit Hasin-Hochman, CEO, Jerusalem Post Group
Yaakov Katz, Editor-in-Chief


ARIEL TERROR Rabbi Ahiad Ettinger’s wife, Tamar, and two of his 12 children, Elyashiv and Efrat, mourn at his funeral in Eli on March 18. Ettinger, 47, and Sgt. Gal Keidan, 19, (inset) were killed and another soldier seriously wounded in a terrorist attack at the Ariel Junction a day earlier. Ettinger, who headed the Oz V’Emunah Yeshiva in south Tel Aviv, succumbed to his wounds after doctors fought to save his life for 24 hours. Keidan, a gifted musician who played the mandocello, was the youngest of three children born to parents who came from the former Soviet Union and moved to Beersheba. Two days after the attack, security forces killed the Palestinian terrorist who went into hiding in a village near Ramallah. 

GAZA ROCKETS A rocket fired from Gaza hit a house in Moshav Mishmeret north of Tel Aviv early on March 25, wounding six people – including a 59-year-old woman who sustained moderate injuries – and killing four dogs. Ten days earlier, two rockets were launched from Gaza at Tel Aviv, and the IDF struck some 100 Hamas targets in response while the Gazans fired nine more rockets at southern Israel. The army said the rockets had been fired at Tel Aviv “by mistake.” There were no casualties on either side in that attack. 


Join Jerusalem Post Premium Plus now for just $5 and upgrade your experience with an ads-free website and exclusive content. Click here>>

Related Content