Queen Elizabeth 248.88.
(photo credit: Courtesy)
1. Dendrochronology is the method of determining age/timeline by the counting of
what “circles”? (hint: “dendron” in Greek is?)
2. What item of clothing did the
economist Joseph Schumpeter refer to when he said “The evolution of the
capitalist style of life could be easily and perhaps most tellingly described in
terms of the genesis of the modern ___.”?
3. In May 2011, Queen Elizabeth became
the second-longest reigning British monarch in history overtaking which monarch?
4. What is the name of the photograph taken by Voyager 1 of the Earth against
the vastness of space which lent itself to the title of a 1994 book by Carl
5. Focusing on a recent movie release, about which director did
Entertainment Weekly carry a story titled “From Hamlet to Hammers”?
6. What name
that is the Gaelic equivalent of James is sometimes used as a slang word for a
private detective in the US?
7. Which incident in 18th century Japan that
involved a group of revenge-seeking leaderless samurai has been dramatized in
several accounts and was called the country’s “national legend”?
Click here to see the answers