Hizbullah chief denies plotting attacks in Egypt

By
April 10, 2009 21:19

The leader of Lebanon's Hizbullah rejected Egyptian accusations his terror group recruited agents to carry out attacks in Egypt. In televised comments Friday, Sheik Hassan Nasrallah called the accusations "false allegations and fabrications." On Wednesday, Egypt's public prosecutor said Egypt had arrested 49 men for allegedly being Hizbullah agents, accusing them of planning "hostile operations. He said they had been tasked by Hizbullah with collecting intelligence along the Egypt-Gaza border, tourist sites in the Sinai, and the Suez Canal. Tensions have been high between Egypt and Hizbullah since Nasrallah criticized the Egyptian government for not doing more to stop Israel's three-week offensive in Gaza earlier this year.


Related Content

US Senator Lindsey Graham
October 20, 2019
Lindsey Graham reverses Syria stance, says Trump's policy could succeed

By REUTERS

Cookie Settings